In this Class we will cover all the fundamentals in hand-building custom nuts and acoustic saddles. The Electric or Acoustic Guitar Setup Class is a prerequisite.
- Overview on common nut and saddle design
- Nut/saddle material choices
- Safe removal of the existing nut
- Roughing in the new nut/saddle blank
- Step-by-step build and shaping
- Proper nut slotting in detail
- Final polish and finish
Building both nut and saddle is not a requirement in this class, only an option and also time permitting.
What You’ll Need
- Nut Slotting Files
- 3 Corner Triangle File and/or small shaping file(s)
- String Spacing Ruler
- Feeler Gauges
- A small nut and saddle vise is handy but not mandatory
- Firm Neck Rest
- Nut / saddle materials for your guitar(s)
Approx. 4 Hrs in Length
*Note that materials may be available for purchase in class. Please contact for more information.